11.30.2009

Hello, my name is Mel

Hi Everyone, I am Mel and you can find me over at The Larson Lingo!
(My real name is Melissa, but my friends call me Mel)
I am wife to Kevin & mommy to 2 little girls, Kate & Claire.
They are my everything!
I am a middle school math teacher & etsy shop owner.
I am so thankful for my life. I am truly blessed.
I can't tell you how excited I am to be a part of Project 320.

When Julie first mentioned this idea to me, it gave me the chills & brought tears to my eyes.
God was working in my heart. I knew I had to be a part of it.

Build a well? Raise $5,000?
Can we do that?
No we can't, but GOD can.
And He will.

We have a big God who will do big things if we allow Him to use us for His glory!

Being a part of this project has caused me to do a lot of reflecting on my life.
I have a very, very blessed life.
A wonderful husband and 2 healthy & amazing girls.

The past few months I have felt like life is busy, chaotic & overbooked.

I complain that I don't have enough time in the day to get stuff done that *I* want to do.
You know, things I had time to do before I had kids....sleep in, go to Target by myself, read a book, travel, go out to eat.

How selfish do I sound? Yikes.

Did you know that each day 4500 moms just like me are worrying whether their children will live or die because of contaminated water. They have to walk miles and miles to get water for their children.

And, here I am complaining about wanting to sleep in or go shopping by myself when other mothers are burying their children because of the lack of clean water.
Wow.
I take my life for granted.

If that doesn't put things into perspective, I don't know what does.

Let's celebrate this Christmas the way it was intended to be celebrated....
By Giving to others, giving the gift of water, giving life.

Sure, there are many things I WANT for Christmas.
But there is nothing I NEED.
I have everything I have ever needed.
A loving husband, healthy children, a wonderful family, a home, a job, food and water.
God has been SO good to me.
I must give back.
Give more. Do More. Be More.
To the Glory of God.

We are just 6 ordinary women who want to make a difference in the world.
But we need YOUR help!
Will you join us?

5 comments:

Mommy said...

YES!!! I want to join....sign me up :) Blessings! Your girls are adorable!

One Crazy Mom said...

okay ladies, I've done (just a tad) of research. you know how the google trail just keeps going and going sometimes.
what I've found is that 4 of the 5 of you are right in my backyard! I have a connection to at least 2 of you in a roundabout way.
So how is it that I am not part of your cool group? =)
Okay, maybe it's because I don't blog regularly, and I'm actually not as cool as you.
But I just wanted to say "hi", and maybe our path's will cross one day.
Good luck on the Project 320 thing. I have been trying to spread the word about Water For Christmas, and will also spread the word about this. A cause I too am passionate about.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!

the monkeys' mama said...

oh I KNEW I ❤d Mel's blog for a reason!

I've been a follower of your blog (the Larson lingo) since I first visited and I'm so impressed with your cute tutorials, adorable girls and NOW this!

Thank you for helping the world through Christ!

Nani Luculescu said...

Can I donate something that I made???!!! I'd love to help out!

www.VictoriousVixen.com